Saturday, April 25, 2009

Draft Day for the NFL 2009

Today is the big day. Will your team find an offensive weapon or a defensive juggernaut? Or will your team pick a Tim Biakabatuka or a Joey Harrington? Will your team anger fans by going a different way like seems to be the case every year for Jets fans? All valid questions. My question is more simple. Why are teams still drafting QB's at number 1 overall in the draft. Doesn't Daivid Carr or Alex Smith not smell foul enough or leave a bad enough taste in fans mouths? I am a huge football fan and Draft additct. However I am still nervous because I see the dud picks fly bye each year and more often than not it affects my own favorite team. So as I await the late start this afternoon I will join you the fans of American Football and wonder, will the next few years of watching my team go bye yelling explatives or will we reap the rewards of a solid draft? Not everyone can draft two backs like Deangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart so what will this year have as it surprise? Another Joey Flacco or Matt Ryan salvation effort? I can wait!

No comments: