Sunday, December 11, 2005

The British Basterdized Mythology!!!!!!!

Bastard Mythology
Unicorns, Pixies, Hypogriffs, and Trolls. I wonder what will come next. Maybe I will get to see a bit of the bloody warewolf or vampire. I have got to say that I am impressed with the current media popularity of fantasy and mystery. Even the recent success of crime fiction gives me a feeling of warmth in my literature minded heart. I have never felt better about the future than I have the last few days when I realized that WETA workshop that was made famous by the Lord Of the Rings films, has done King Kong and The Chronicles of Narnia, is growing ever popular and it gives me the idea that maybe many more of the same kind of these films will be getting produced.
I agree with many people, including J. R. R. Tolkien and J. K. Rowling, that English or British mythology had been bastardized but I think that with the success of books and now movies from them both as well as C. S. Lewis that it makes little difference because now the mythology is both alive and well. I am ten times more of an avid reader now than I have ever been in my life. So these writers have got to be doing something right because millions are just like me.

No comments: